What is Digital Rebranding?
Social Media Today defines digital rebranding as:
While the definition is a good one, it often scares marketing teams away. New website? New emails? Managing those tasks will make even the best of marketing teams push it to the LATER list. Where will they find the time? What about the budget?
You don’t have to launch a new website or logo redesign to begin the process of digital rebranding. Most likely, your website needs a few changes to key pages and a few design updates. Digital rebranding isn’t a brand makeover; it’s about making sure that your brand offers consistent messaging, builds trust with your audience, and shows up alongside your top competitors online.
Is it time to begin digital rebranding efforts? Ask yourself (or your marketing team) the following questions:
- Does your company plan to launch a social media advertising or a social media employee advocacy plan in the near future?
- Is your company “MIA” on certain social media networks, groups, or forums that are gaining in popularity?
- Is lead generation from your website a priority for your company?
- Does your company plan to begin a content marketing campaign or increase the budget for an existing one?
- Is a blog refresh (or launch) in the works?
- Do customers hear crickets chirping when they talk about your brand online?
If you’ve answered yes to any of those questions, you can’t afford to move forward without a digital rebranding strategy.
Consider these digital marketing statistics and findings:
- Companies that have blogs generate 67% more leads per month than companies without. (DemandMetric)
- 81% of email users use a smartphone for regularly checking emails. (Adobe)
- Brand affinity dramatically impacts click-through-rates. (WordStream)
- 92% of consumers trust the recommendations of their friends on social media. (Marketo)
Again, digital rebranding isn’t as time-intensive as a brand refresh. With some organization and a team to manage the tasks, it can be completed in 30 days or less, in most cases.
Use this infographic as a guide to get started:
If you’re a marketing agency and your client is in need of a digital rebranding STAT, get in touch, we’ll be happy to help.